Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
At Villa Maria Catholic Primary School Hunters Hill, student learning and achievement is the core of what we do. Students’ learning needs are catered for as their achievement and learning growth is monitored and tracked twice a term, evidenced by student work samples. Our successes in learning achievement to date have been:
- An increase in students receiving two or more bands growth, and a steady decrease of students achieving one band growth or less in Reading. (NAPLAN 2019)
- All students from Kindergarten to Year 6 have been identified on a continuum for Writing and have shown learning growth in Writing, evidenced by student work samples
- A 10% increase of students achieving above level and a 30% decrease of students achieving below level in Mathematics over a 12 month period
- Students perform and excel in Music by participating in junior and senior Band tuition and performances
- Students perform and excel in Physical Education by qualifying for cluster and regional sporting events.